from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The action of a locomotive or train leaving the rails along which it runs
- n. A pattern of discourse (in speech or writing) that is a sequence of unrelated or only remotely related ideas.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of going off, or the state of being off, the rails of a railroad.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of derailing, or causing to leave the rails, as a railroad-train or -car.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an accident in which a train runs off its track
Sorry, no etymologies found.