from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A part of a play, especially in medieval and Renaissance drama, that is enacted without speaking.
- n. Communication or acting by means of expressive gestures; pantomime.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A performance during which the players do not speak.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Signs and gestures without words; as, to tell a story in dumb show.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a performance using gestures and body movements without words
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.