from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Human nature or physical existence, together with its weaknesses.
- n. A person's blood relatives; kin.
- n. Substance and depth in artistic portrayal; lifelikeness: characters lacking in flesh and blood.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Real; substantial.
- adj. Consisting of flesh, blood, and other substances associated with animals or humans.
- n. One's relatives or relations.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Human nature.
- n. See under Blood.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.