from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To handle, stroke, or caress lovingly. See Synonyms at caress.
- transitive v. Obsolete To treat with indulgence and solicitude; pamper.
- intransitive v. To show fondness or affection by caressing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To touch or stroke lovingly.
- v. To grasp.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To treat or handle with tenderness or in a loving manner; to caress.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To treat with tender caresses; bestow tokens of love upon; caress: as, to fondle a child.
- To show fondness, as by manners, words, or caresses.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. touch or stroke lightly in a loving or endearing manner
Frequentative of fond1, to show fondness for (obsolete).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Frequentative of fond. (Wiktionary)