American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To handle, stroke, or caress lovingly. See Synonyms at caress.
- v. Obsolete To treat with indulgence and solicitude; pamper.
- v. To show fondness or affection by caressing.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To treat with tender caresses; bestow tokens of love upon; caress: as, to fondle a child.
- To show fondness, as by manners, words, or caresses.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To treat or handle with tenderness or in a loving manner; to caress.
- v. touch or stroke lightly in a loving or endearing manner
- Frequentative of fond. (Wiktionary)
- Frequentative of fond1, to show fondness for (obsolete). (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“He began this episode by saying that no less than 34 books, including the Tafsir of al-Qurtubi and Sahih Muslim, record that Muhammad used to "fondle" - Botros scowled at the screen - "kiss and have sex while fasting, though he forbade others from doing so.”
“Freud's obsession with archaeology -- he liked to "fondle" antique objects while he ate -- has interested psychoanalysts more than archaeologists.”
“And remember ... when you are looking at the packs, do NOT forget to "fondle" them!”
“And he has clearly been attending the Michael Heseltine Clinic for Sexual Fulfilment, where politicians are taught to stroke and fondle their party so as to inflame uncontrollable passions.”
“Please do not fondle the other commenters. chrismealy says:”
“I watched him open his arms, I watched him flirt, and I watched him fondle--all the while with a huge grin on his face and a cigar in his mouth.”
“Ro felt her vagina begin to mist and seize as she watched the two women fondle, kiss and rub up on each other.”
“He slipped his cock from its denim confinement and began to fondle himself as he watched the show.”
“Workers then parade the boars in front of sows and ogle and fondle sows 'genitals to see which pigs are "ready" to have a tube of pig semen shoved into them.”
“Male pigs are confined in crates while workers fondle their genitals and masturbate them to collect their semen.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘fondle’.
“A verb which denotes the frequent occurrence or repetition of an action, as . . . waggle from wag.” — Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia.
Other examples include bobble (bob), bustle (b...
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favorite word" and adds it to this list.
unfathomably, glice, cuh, fab, ciggaty, doll, thuggin, oxymoronic, pineapple, succubutt, griming, cheeky and 2369 more...
My big word list.
dedicated to my man Steven, without whom i would be addicted to drugs, lying in a gutter, hating myself, or hooking somewhere :)
words that make me very uncomfortable
Hecko, words! Thanks for staying with me. :-)
Sort of Rococo-style affairs
Words for the last day of the year
Looking for tweets for fondle.