Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To crush; bruise; break in pieces.
- To rush; dash forward.
- n. An onset, attack, assault, or collision.
- n. The noise of collision.
- n. Fragments; debris.
- Brittle; apt to break and splinter: said of wood.
- n. In farriery, same as frog, 1.
- n. A discharge of a fetid or ichorous matter from the frog of a horse's foot; thrush.
- n. The frog of a horse's foot.
- n. A discharge of a foetid or ichorous matter from the frog of a horse's foot; thrush.
- v. obsolete, transitive To break up, smash.
- v. obsolete, intransitive To charge, rush violently.
- v. historical, transitive To straighten up (the feathers on an arrow).
GNU Webster's 1913
- From Old French fruissier, froissier ( > French froisser), from Vulgar Latin *frustiāre, from Latin frustum ("fragment"). (Wiktionary)
“She had held up the little wooden cage, opened the clasp of the door and, with a rapt smile on her small shining face, was watching the "frush" as he soared into the air with a sudden burst of song.”
“She wants, "I said dramatically," a 'frush' from the bird-shop in the village.”
“Ai goz Mimmoserz mad wit Dom Penguinon an frush strewberri pi fer desserz!”
“Nay, even than single sermons, or bundles of sermons, all like so many sticks -- strong when tied all together, but when taken separately, weak and frush.”
“Their heroes fight, after preliminary parley which would do credit to the chivalry of the Hippodrome; and their lances invariably splinter as frush as the texture of the bullrush.”
“Yeah, well I have two sevens and two sevens beats a frush.”
“Like a frush!) to keep her flouncies off the grass while paying the wetmenots a musichall visit and pair her fiefighs fore him with just one curl after the cad came back which we fought he wars a gunner and his corkiness lay up two bottles of joy with a shandy had by Fred and a fino oloroso which he was warming to, my right, Jimmy, my old brown freer? —”
“V. vi.29 (144,3) I'll frush it] The word _frush_ I never found elsewhere, nor understand it.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘frush’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
"The art of shoeing horses; also, the art of treating the diseases of horses, now technically called veterinary surgery."
☂ ☂ ☂ ☂☂ ☂ ☂ ☂☂ ☂ ☂ ☂
Yeah, yeah, but what is it?
monkey bread sucker, vinegarroon-keeper, makes salad dressing, had hair like the..., tits up all the time, your mother hath ..., virulent flumbrag..., easily amused, loses elephants, he's a grower, no..., saint teresa of p..., careless with tur... and 56 more...
Another of my random palavery lists for terms and phrases that don't fit into any of my other lists.
Looking for tweets for frush.