American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The cytoplasm of a germ cell, especially that part containing the chromosomes.
- n. Germ cells as distinguished from other body cells.
- n. Hereditary material; genes. Also called plasm.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as germ-plasma.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. the protoplasm of the germ cells that contains chromosomes and genes
- germ + plasm (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘germ plasm’.
An extract from the "Zold Tolmacs" project, a HU-EN environmental dictionary compiled by Robert Gulyas in 2000.
dactylis glomerata, daily allowance, daily contact zone, daily cycle of tides, daily intake level, daily mortality rate, daily office and ..., daily peak, daily range in va..., daily runoff regu..., daily SO2 levels, dairy cattle and 5213 more...
Looking for tweets for germ plasm.