from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A list of often difficult or specialized words with their definitions, often placed at the back of a book.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A list of terms in a particular domain of knowledge with their definitions.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A collection of glosses or explanations of words and passages of a work or author; a partial dictionary of a work, an author, a dialect, art, or science, explaining archaic, technical, or other uncommon words.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A collection of glosses or explanations of words, especially of words not in general use, as those of a dialect, a locality, or an art or science, or of particular words used by an old or a foreign author; a vocabulary or dictionary of limited scope.
- n. Synonyms Dictionary, Lexicon, etc. See vocabulary.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an alphabetical list of technical terms in some specialized field of knowledge; usually published as an appendix to a text on that field
To maintain brand and company consistency a glossary is a must.
Following the glossary is a three-page history of the area from ancient times to modern times.
As of December 2005, the glossary is available online (in both html and pdf) at Web Link. back
Throughout, the chapters conform to a uniform structure, including a keyword glossary, a summary of the article in question and a list of literature references.
The project gradually expanded into a 40-page booklet with sections on the different types of Indian restaurants in North America, the components of a menu, guidelines for ordering, sample meals, an FAQ, and a 150-some term glossary to help navigate those endless menus
Here are 2 to test your French: (answers hidden in glossary under Captcha)
Mind you, this novel was published in 2004, so maybe a glossary is in another book.
The glossary is a work in progress and will be updated and expanded periodically.
Browsing this glossary is certain to whet your appetite to seek out these dishes in the places where they're prepared.
The construction term glossary has over 12,000 entries….
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.