from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The biblical teaching that one should behave toward others as one would have others behave toward oneself.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A fundamental rule or principle.
- n. The principle that one should treat other people in the manner in which one would want to be treated by them.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. The rule of proportion, or rule of three.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any important rule
- n. a command based on Jesus' words in the Sermon on the Mount
Sorry, no etymologies found.