from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A propensity for being displeased with anything that is not perfect or does not meet extremely high standards.
- n. A belief in certain religions that moral or spiritual perfection can be achieved before the soul has passed into the afterlife.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A dislike for anything less than perfection
- n. A belief that spiritual perfection may be achieved during life, or that it should be striven for
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The doctrine of the Perfectionists.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The belief that a sinless life is attainable.
- n. The belief and system of the Perfectionists of the Oneida Community (which see, under community).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a disposition to feel that anything less than perfect is unacceptable
Sorry, no etymologies found.