American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A sexually transmitted disease caused by gonococcal bacteria that affects the mucous membrane chiefly of the genital and urinary tracts and is characterized by an acute purulent discharge and painful or difficult urination, though women often have no symptoms.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathol., a. specific, contagious, muco-purulent inflammation of the male urethra or the female vagina and urethra. It may also be communicated to the conjunctival and rectal mucous membranes.
- n. An STD caused by a species of bacteria (the gonococcus) that affects the mucous membrane of the genital and urinary tracts.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Med.) A contagious inflammatory disease of the genitourinary tract, affecting especially the urethra and vagina, and characterized by a mucopurulent discharge, pain in urination, and chordee; clap.
- n. a common venereal disease caused by the bacterium Neisseria gonorrhoeae; symptoms are painful urination and pain around the urethra
- From New Latin, from Late Latin gonorrhoia, from Ancient Greek γονόρροια (gonorroia), from γόνος (gonos, "sperm. seed, offspring") + ῥέω (rheō, "I flow") (ca. 1526). (Wiktionary)
- Greek gonorrhoia, flow of seed (from the mistaken belief that the discharge contained semen) : gono-, gono- + -rhoia, -rrhea. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“In the Septuagint, the Greek translation of the Old Testament, the word gonorrhea is used for this discharge verses 4–13.”
“A gonorrhea, which is a specific acute inflammation of the urethral canal, leaves behind it”
“Other sexually transmitted disease (STD) infections, such as gonorrhea and chlamydia, pose a problem in porn as well.”
“Unlike other sexually spread diseases, such as gonorrhea or chlamydia, syphilis can eventually ravage the mind and kill if left untreated.”
“But we have persistent reports that that is not the case," he said, adding his department receives an average of 15 reports a week from the Adult Industry Medical Healthcare Foundation of actors testing positive for other sexually transmitted diseases such as gonorrhea and chlamydia.”
“The CDC also claims that the prevalence among teenage girls may actually be higher than their report indicates, as the study fails to include sexually transmitted diseases such as gonorrhea, HIV and syphilis.”
“In itself, male circumcision provides little or no protection against urethral STDs such as gonorrhea and chlamydia and certainly cannot prevent unwanted pregnancies.”
“One is that other sexually transmitted diseases, such as gonorrhea, often go untreated in poor countries.”
“From the fact that the he-witch clapped, we’re meant to believe that Dean is able to infer that Sam’s got an instant case of “the clap” aka gonorrhea, even though Sam has yet to experience frequent and painful urination.”
“Common sexually transmitted infections such as gonorrhea and chlamydia don't cause ulcers, but syphilis, herpes, chanchroid do (as do other diseases, but they are not common in the U.S.).”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘gonorrhea’.
Words related to blood and blood donation
usually i try to restrict this to sexually transmitted diseases, but some of the others are just so musical. Syphilis, it should be noted, would make a lovely boy's name, but that is outside the sc...
words describing the sexual parts of life
the rocky road of my vanilla world
Looking for tweets for gonorrhea.