from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A roofed stand for spectators at a stadium or racetrack.
- n. The spectators or audience at an event.
- intransitive v. To perform ostentatiously so as to impress an audience.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The seating area at a stadium or arena; the bleachers.
- n. The audience at a public event.
- v. To behave dramatically or showily to impress an audience or observers; to pander to a crowd.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the audience at a stadium or racetrack
- n. a stand at a racecourse or stadium consisting of tiers with rows of individual seats that are under a protective roof
- v. perform ostentatiously in order to impress the audience and with an eye to the applause
Sorry, no etymologies found.