from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. A past participle of hew.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Made or crafted by cutting, whittling down.
- adj. Of something that has been cut or mowed down.
- v. Past participle of hew
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Felled, cut, or shaped as with an ax; roughly squared.
- adj. Roughly dressed as with a hammer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A past participle of hew.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. cut or shaped with hard blows of a heavy cutting instrument like an ax or chisel
Sorry, no etymologies found.