from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A tall tree (Cedrela toona) of tropical Asia and Australia, having dark red, aromatic wood.
- n. The wood of this tree.
- n. Informal A cartoon, especially an animated cartoon.
- n. Informal A character in an animated cartoon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cartoon, especially an animated television show.
- n. A player's avatar or visible character in a massively multiplayer online role-playing game.
- n. A southeast Asian and Australian tree (Cedrela toona) of the mahogany family with fragrant dark red wood and flowers that yield a dye
- n. the wood of this tree
- n. A town.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- pl. of toe.
- n. The reddish brown wood of an East Indian tree (Cedrela Toona) closely resembling the Spanish cedar; also. the tree itself.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A dialectal form of town.
- An obsolete form of tone.
- n. An East Indian tree, Cedrela Toona, found also in Java and Australia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a film made by photographing a series of cartoon drawings to give the illusion of movement when projected in rapid sequence
Hindi tūn, from Sanskrit tunnaḥ, variant of tuṇiḥ.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Abbreviation of cartoon. (Wiktionary)
From Hindi (tūn), from Sanskrit (tunnah). (Wiktionary)
Dialectal variant of town. (Wiktionary)