American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A tall tree (Cedrela toona) of tropical Asia and Australia, having dark red, aromatic wood.
- n. The wood of this tree.
- n. Informal A cartoon, especially an animated cartoon.
- n. Informal A character in an animated cartoon.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A dialectal form of town.
- An obsolete form of tone.
- n. An East Indian tree, Cedrela Toona, found also in Java and Australia. In native forests it is very large, having often a clear stem of 80 or 100 feet. The wood is of a brick-red color, soft but not splitting or warping, very durable, and safe from white ants. It is very extensively used in India for all kinds of furniture, for door-panels, and for carving. Also called
Indian mahogany, and known in the English markets as Moulmein cedar.
- n. informal A cartoon, especially an animated television show.
- n. informal, video games A player's avatar or visible character in a massively multiplayer online role-playing game.
- n. botany A southeast Asian and Australian tree (Cedrela toona) of the mahogany family with fragrant dark red wood and flowers that yield a dye
- n. the wood of this tree
- n. Geordie A town.
GNU Webster's 1913
- pl. of toe.
- n. (Bot.) The reddish brown wood of an East Indian tree (Cedrela Toona) closely resembling the Spanish cedar; also. the tree itself.
- n. a film made by photographing a series of cartoon drawings to give the illusion of movement when projected in rapid sequence
- Dialectal variant of town. (Wiktionary)
- Hindi tūn, from Sanskrit tunnaḥ, variant of tuṇiḥ. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“My main toon is the guy I wanted to play and I gave him the powers I wanted to have.”
“I actually have the book the toon is in. .but just don't remember which one ...”
“Just wait until someone finds the dude who died in front of his computer playing WoW a year ago, and his toon is still logged in … ranro”
“In both concept and execution, hand-drawn toon is a winner.”
“I watch two channels, one of which carries the infamous Adult Swim, and as a result I've seen a bunch of Samurai Champloo. the 'toon is neat enough, but what really caugh my eye is the music - the scores are done mainly by Fat Jon (the most unsung producer out there, IMHO) and the Nujabes, a progressive Japanese hip-hop act.”
“Kringe will co-direct the family-oriented toon, which is in development and will begin production in January 2010 ...”
“It's as if a man waur sair distressed because his toon was a dirty toon.”
“Object with a basic cel-shader (also known as a toon shader) and border detection.”
“Director Lauren Montgomery has crafted a visually arresting toon, which is surprisingly adult in its depiction of violence and chock full of sexual innuendos.”
“The ratio of academy members who work in live action to those who work in animation is seriously one sided, and the last thing they want to see is another "toon" talking away the main award of the night from "real life people".”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘toon’.
Some tree names, run across while reading.
Looking for tweets for toon.