- n. originally The Irish hobby, an extinct breed of horse.
- n. A child's toy consisting of a (usually wooden or cloth) horse mounted on a stick.
- n. figuratively A topic about which someone loves to talk at great length.
- n. A puppet-like costume used in some traditional dances and festivals that gives its wearer the appearance of a man on horseback.
- n. An early bicycle with no pedals or brakes; a draisienne.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘hobby horse’.
Words with interesting comments. This doesn't mean I'm adding schadenfreude.
horse-related words (sometimes several times removed from actual equines)
A list of old British customs and traditions, and the characters involved, that harken back to former times.
words that evoke magic, mystery, mayhem, magnificence or anything else that glimmers in the grass
I'm looking for compounds or phrases where the character of an animal is essential to the meaning, yet the term is usable in general conversation.
Just another arbitrary list of words that come up for me today, June 20 2007
Okay, mostly on Wordie. But it's more fun here anyway.
Classic Children's Toys and Games and Amusements
Looking for tweets for hobby horse.