from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The rank, dignity, or vocation of a knight.
- n. Behavior or qualities befitting a knight; chivalry.
- n. Knights considered as a group.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An honour whereby one is made into a knight, and one can thereafter be called "Sir"
- n. The quality of being a knight.
- n. The knights collectively, the body of knights.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The character, dignity, or condition of a knight, or of knights as a class; hence, chivalry.
- n. The whole body of knights.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The rank or dignity of a knight.
- n. The body of knights; knightage.
- n. Knightly character; the chivalric quality of conduct suitable to a knight.
- n. Knightly deeds.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. aristocrats holding the rank of knight
From Middle English knighthod, from Old English cnihthād (Wiktionary)