from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Mental activity; thinking: "The heartless hip analysis of crime is . . . a part of my life and my mentation” ( Scott Turow).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Mental activity. The process of thinking.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the process of thinking (especially thinking carefully); mental activity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The action or exercise of the mind or of its physical organ; mental activity; ideation; cerebration; intellection.
- n. The result of mentation; state of mind.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the process of using your mind to consider something carefully
From Latin mēns, ment-, mind; see mental1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)