from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being munificent; generosity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Means of defense; fortification.
- n. The quality or state of being munificent; a giving or bestowing with extraordinary liberality; generous bounty; lavish generosity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality or character of being munificent; a giving or bestowing with great liberality or lavishness; bounty; liberality. Also munificency.
- n. Fortification or strength; defense.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. liberality in bestowing gifts; extremely liberal and generous of spirit
From munific(ent) + -ence. (Wiktionary)