from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The official roll of persons in a military or naval unit.
- n. An inventory; a roster.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An official list of the officers and men in a military (or naval) unit
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a list or register of all the men in a company, troop, or regiment, present or accounted for on the day of muster.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A list or return of all troops, including all officers and soldiers actually present on parade, or otherwise accounted for, on muster-day; hence, any similar list.
- n. A similar register kept on shipboard, in which are recorded the names of the ship's company.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a list of names of officers and men in a military unit or ship's company
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.