from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sudden cold gale coming from the north.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A strong wind blowing from the north.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A wind from the north; esp., a strong and cold north wind in Texas and the vicinity of the Gulf of Mexico.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A strong or cold northerly wind.
- n. A violent cold north wind blowing, mainly in winter, over Texas and the Gulf of Mexico.
- To veer or tend toward the north, as the wind; run toward the north.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a wind that blows from the north
Sorry, no etymologies found.