from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To spill over.
- n. The act of spilling over.
- n. Something that spills over: an overspill of milk.
- n. Chiefly British Movement of people from overcrowded cities to less populated areas.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That which spills over.
- v. To spill over, to overflow, to spill out of.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the occurrence of surplus liquid (as water) exceeding the limit or capacity
- n. the relocation of people from overcrowded cities; they are accommodated in new houses or apartments in smaller towns
Sorry, no etymologies found.