from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Overcome by panic; terrified.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Very frightened, and unable to react sensibly because of panic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Struck with a panic, or sudden fear; thrown into a state of intense fear.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Struck with a panic or sudden and overpowering fear.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. thrown into a state of intense fear or desperation
Sorry, no etymologies found.