from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A peptide, such as a small protein, containing many molecules of amino acids, typically between 10 and 100.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any polymer of (same or different) amino acids joined via peptide bonds.
- n. Any such polymer that is not folded into a secondary structure of a protein.
- n. A small protein containing up to 100 amino acids; see also oligopeptide.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A chemical product formed by the condensation of two or more amino-acid radicals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a peptide containing 10 to more than 100 amino acids
Sorry, no etymologies found.