from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To resume, to carry on (a practice, thought, occupation etc.) again.
- v. To take on or adopt again.
- v. To take back into one's possession.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To assume again or anew; to resume.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To assume or take again; resume.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. take on again, as after a time lapse
From re- + assume. (Wiktionary)