from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A large deep pit in sandy ground from which sand is dug.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A children’s play area consisting of a large container filled with sand.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A pit or excavation from which sand is or has been taken.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A place or pit from which sand is excavated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a plaything consisting of a pile of sand or a box filled with sand for children to play in
- n. a large pit in sandy ground from which sand is dug
sand + pit (Wiktionary)