from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A low box filled with sand for children to play in.
- n. A litter box, especially for a cat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A children's play area consisting of a box filled with sand.
- n. A box filled with sand that is shaped to form a mould for metal casting.
- n. An isolated area where a program can be executed with a restricted portion of the resources available.
- n. A page on a wiki where users are free to experiment without destroying or damaging any legitimate content.
- v. To restrict (a program, etc.) by placing it in a sandbox.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a plaything consisting of a pile of sand or a box filled with sand for children to play in
- n. mold consisting of a box with sand shaped to mold metal
sand + box. (Wiktionary)