from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A variation of baseball played on a smaller diamond with a larger, softer ball that is pitched underhand.
- n. The ball used in this game.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A game similar to baseball but played with a larger and softer ball which can be thrown overhand or underhand.
- n. A question designed to be easy to answer.
- n. The ball used to play the sport.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. ball used in playing softball
- n. a game closely resembling baseball that is played on a smaller diamond and with a ball that is larger and softer