from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Happening quickly and with little or no warning; in a sudden manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a sudden or unexpected manner; unexpectedly; hastily; without preparation or premeditation; quickly; immediately.
- In zoology, sharply; abruptly; squarely: as, a part suddenly truncate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. on impulse; without premeditation
- adv. happening unexpectedly
- adv. quickly and without warning
Sorry, no etymologies found.