from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An outcome that is certain or assured; a certainty: "Any respectable contrarian is tempted to think a recession is a sure thing” ( Floyd Norris).
- interj. Informal Of course; certainly: Sure thing, I'll be there!
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- interj. A reply to thank you.
- interj. An affirmative reply; yes; certainly.
- n. That which is certain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something that is certain
Sorry, no etymologies found.