from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To study with effort or determination.
- v. To study something with effort or determination (swot up on).
- n. one who swots
- n. work
- n. vigorous study at an educational institution
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Middle English forms of sweet.
- n. Same as swat.
- See swat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an insignificant student who is ridiculed as being affected or boringly studious
- v. study intensively, as before an exam
From sweat. (Wiktionary)