from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of turnaround.
- v. To physically rotate horizontally 360 degrees.
- v. To change to the opposite direction from a previous position.
- v. To reverse the expected outcome of a game, usually from a losing position to a winning one.
- v. To reverse a trend, usually towards a more favorable outcome; to return (a business, department) to effectiveness, profitability, etc.
- v. To be duplicitous.
- v. To consider from a different viewpoint.
- v. (often with a unit of time) To produce; to output; to generate
- v. To effect a positive reversal of a trend.
- v. To make a situation worse by trying to make it better.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. improve dramatically
- v. improve significantly; go from bad to good
- n. turning in an opposite direction or position
- v. turn abruptly and face the other way, either physically or metaphorically
Sorry, no etymologies found.