from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To spread or open (something) out or become spread or opened out.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To unroll or release something that had been rolled up, typically a sail or a flag.
- v. To roll out or debut anything.
- v. To turn out or unfold; to evolve; to progress.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. To loose from a furled state; to unfold; to expand; to open or spread
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To spread or shake out from a furled state, as a sail or a flag.
- Figuratively, to disclose; display.
- To be spread out or expanded; open to the wind.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. unroll, unfold, or spread out or be unrolled, unfolded, or spread out from a furled state
Sorry, no etymologies found.