from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An officer ranking next below a president, usually empowered to assume the president's duties under conditions such as absence, illness, or death.
- n. A deputy to a president, especially in a corporation, in charge of a specific department or location: vice president of sales.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A deputy to a president, often empowered to assume the position of president on his death or absence
- n. An executive in a business in charge of a department or branch
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. an officer next in rank below a president.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An officer who is selected in advance to fill the presidential office in case of the death, disability, or absence of the president.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an executive officer ranking immediately below a president; may serve in the president's place under certain circumstances
From vice and president. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.