from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being white.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being white; white color, or freedom from darkness or obscurity on the surface.
- n. Want of a sanguineous tinge; paleness; as from terror, grief, etc.
- n. Freedom from stain or blemish; purity; cleanness.
- n. Nakedness.
- n. A flock of swans.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being white; white color, or freedom from any darkness or obscurity on the surface.
- n. Lack of color in the face; paleness, as from sickness, terror, or grief; pallor.
- n. Purity; cleanness; freedom from stain or blemish.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality or state of the achromatic color of greatest lightness (bearing the least resemblance to black)
- n. the state of being unsullied by sin or moral wrong; lacking a knowledge of evil
- n. lightness or fairness of complexion
From white + -ness (Wiktionary)