from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or style of expressing in words.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A choice of words and the style in which they are used in a given context.
- v. Present participle of word.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or manner of expressing in words; style of expression; phrasing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The style or manner in which something is expressed; the form of words used in expressing some thought, idea, or the like; diction; phraseology.
- n. Expression, or power of expression; language; words.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the manner in which something is expressed in words
Sorry, no etymologies found.