American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The act or style of expressing in words.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The style or manner in which something is expressed; the form of words used in expressing some thought, idea, or the like; diction; phraseology.
- n. Expression, or power of expression; language; words.
- n. uncountable A choice of words and the style in which they are used in a given context.
- v. present participle of word.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act or manner of expressing in words; style of expression; phrasing.
- n. the manner in which something is expressed in words
“But the advisers did not offer specific wording changes; the label wording could vary for each drug, the Associated Press reported.”
“The title wording alone of the 2006 Egon Ronay's Guide to the Best Restaurants and Gastropubs in the UK points to the revolution that he did so much to promote.”
“Just to make things clear: this is not Le Monde Diplomatique which is another paper that has nothing to do with Le Monde anymore but which managed to retain the title wording for the obvious publicity advantage.”
“And that this wording is all about actual weddings and anniversaries.”
“This wording is also addressed to school aged children, not the young adult college population you speak about in this article.”
“Other than headings, which have been inserted throughout for organizational purposes, the wording is as it appears in the original documents.”
“Lynch has said he would veto gay marriage if his wording is not adopted.”
“Its wording is broad enough that corporations have enlisted consultants to help them interpret whether dinners for state officials overseas or golf outings could get them into trouble.”
“Especially when most of the wording is for other things.”
“In the same way, conservative movements are concerned that the bills against homosexual hate crimes are so broad in wording that they will allow targeting for specific groups on very little basis.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘wording’.
All words of the Lisbon Treaty
(Persons' names, foreign and grammatical words have been eliminated, MWEs have been split up into individual words. Capitalization has been retained if r...
a list of words from the indo european root ar- and variations : to fit together
Looking for tweets for wording.