from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang A destructive device, especially one that destroys by means of electric current or radiation: a bug zapper.
- n. Slang A remote-control device for switching a television set on and off and for changing channels.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A remote control for a television.
- n. A thing that zaps by passing a large voltage, e.g. a bug zapper.
- n. By extension, any thing capable of extermination.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an electrical device that can injure or kill by means of electric currents
to zap + -er. (Wiktionary)