from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A heraldic bend or baton sinister, held to signify bastardy. Not in technical use.
- n. A hint or proof of illegitimate birth.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a term popularly but erroneously used for baton, a mark of illegitimacy. See Baton.
- adj. See under Bar, n.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mark of bastardy; lines from top right to bottom left
- n. the status of being born to parents who were not married
Sorry, no etymologies found.