from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To confirm and pay for goods and services at a facility (e.g.: supermarket, online store, hotel) when leaving.
- v. To withdraw (an item), as from a library, and have the withdrawal recorded.
- v. To record (someone) as leaving the premises or as taking something therefrom, as from a library or shop.
- v. To examine, inspect, look at closely, ogle; to investigate.
- v. (computer science): To obtain source code from a repository.
- v. To become disinterested in an activity and cease to participate in more than a perfunctory manner; to become uncooperative.
- v. To become catatonic or otherwise nonresponsive.
- v. To leave in a hurry.
- v. To die.
- v. To prove (after an investigation) to be the case / in order.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.