from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A longtime close friend or companion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Close friend.
- n. Trusted companion or partner in a criminal organization.
- n. An old woman; a crone.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A crone.
- n. An intimate companion; a familiar friend.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A feeble and withered old woman; a crone.
- n. An old familiar friend; an intimate companion; an associate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities
But at a Conservatives4Palin gathering Friday night in a restaurant near Des Moines, many in the crowd of 180 - about half of whom had traveled from Texas - repeatedly used the phrase "crony capitalism" to describe what they didn't like about their state's chief executive.
The phrase "crony capitalism" is one Palin used in a speech in Iowa last weekend and repeated last night. notes on its website that less than one percent of recipients reported "adverse events" after receiving the vaccine.
That's why the term crony capitalism is increasingly used.
The term crony capitalism is socialism trying to blame capitalism.
In the wide-ranging interview, Bachmann also slammed the Obama White House for what she calls "crony capitalism," arguing that people politically connected to the president benefit the most from his policies.
It is time for David Cameron to be true to that speech he made 20 months ago and make good on his promises to clean up what he called "crony capitalism".
* A major reform of executive pay that would rein in what he called "crony capitalism", where underperforming executives were seen to "fill their boots".
• A major reform of executive pay that would rein in what he called "crony capitalism", where underperforming executives were seen to "fill their boots".
But after Monday's debate, Palin called out Perry for what she characterized as the "crony capitalism" driving his executive order mandating HPV vaccinations for Texas schoolgirls.
In a morning speech from Rock Hill, S.C., Wednesday, Mr. Gingrich did not repeat his attack on Mr. Romney's record at Bain, but he refused to apologize for condemning what he called "crony capitalism" in his campaign.