from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb Used other than as an idiom: see
- verb transitive To bring down by cutting.
- verb idiomatic, transitive To
insult, to belittle.
- verb idiomatic To
reducethe amountof something.
- verb idiomatic, dated To
slay, often in great numbers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb cut down on; make a reduction in
- verb cut with sweeping strokes; as with an ax or machete
- verb cut with a blade or mower
- verb intercept (a player)
- verb cause to come or go down
- verb cause to fall by or as if by delivering a blow
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.