from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make angry; irritate.
- transitive v. To drive insane.
- intransitive v. To become infuriated.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make angry.
- v. To make insane; to inflame with passion.
- v. To become furious.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To become mad; to act as if mad.
- transitive v. To make mad; to drive to madness; to drive to insanity; to craze.
- transitive v. To make very angry; to enrage; to excite violently with passion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To become mad; act as if mad.
- To make mad; excite violently; enrage; craze.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make mad
- v. drive up the wall; go on someone's nerves
- v. cause to go crazy; cause to lose one's mind
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The new "madden" concept is hot. « fredoland fredoland
It is the death of an unexceptionable mother in service of the state that brings to the poem's surface such resistant words as "madden" and "rebel."
It would be ironic if he was played the first madden football game. kyle
It irritated me, maddened me, as nothing else under the sun could irritate or madden me.
Tagged: art · illustration · matt madden · minicomics
It is “an ill wind that blows no one in the Middle East any good,” wrote Time magazine in 1971, adding that the khamsin can “madden men,” cause car accidents, and increase crime rates by as much as 20 percent.
But the other day i was kind of desperate to get madden 10, so i traded in my old ps2/viva pinata/GTA IV/Orange box to Gamestop.
The need to better engage employees is especially crucial during a recession, when mantras such as "do more with less" can madden employees who must pick up extra duties after their colleagues are laid off, but who are offered no tangible financial incentive to innovate.
Articles like this madden me because I think they miss the big picture, or perhaps are even ignoring it purposefully.
I know that this is one of the things that drive madden men to drink most.