from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A peripheral or secondary effect, especially an undesirable secondary effect of a drug or therapy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun idiomatic An
unintended consequenceof any action in addition to the intendedconsequence of that action.
- noun idiomatic, medicine An
adverse effect, an unintended consequence of a drugor therapy; usually not a beneficialeffect.
- noun computing A change in
statecaused by a function call(typically "side-effect").
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun any adverse and unwanted secondary effect
- noun a secondary and usually adverse effect of a drug or therapy
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.