from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- suffix Producing; generating: dysgenic.
- suffix Produced or generated by: cryptogenic.
- suffix Suitable for production or reproduction by a specified medium: photogenic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- suffix producing or generating something
- suffix produced or generated by something
- suffix suitable to be produced, or reproduced
-gen + -ic.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)