from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Hinduism The god of love.
- A river of west-central Russia rising in the central Ural Mountains and flowing about 2,031 km (1,262 mi) to the Volga River. It is the chief tributary of the Volga.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The Hindu god of love.
- proper n. A major river in Russia, the longest left tributary of the Volga.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The Hindu Cupid. He is represented as a beautiful youth, with a bow of sugar cane or flowers.
- n. Desire; animal passion
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In the Hindu Puranas, the god of love; in later Hindu writings, sensual desire.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Hindu god of love and erotic desire; opposite of Mara
Sanskrit kāmaḥ, love, desire, Kama; see kā- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Russian Кама (Káma). (Wiktionary)