from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Hinduism The god of love.
- A river of west-central Russia rising in the central Ural Mountains and flowing about 2,031 km (1,262 mi) to the Volga River. It is the chief tributary of the Volga.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A major river in Russia, the longest left tributary of the Volga.
- proper n. The Hindu god of love.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The Hindu Cupid. He is represented as a beautiful youth, with a bow of sugar cane or flowers.
- n. Desire; animal passion
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In the Hindu Puranas, the god of love; in later Hindu writings, sensual desire.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Hindu god of love and erotic desire; opposite of Mara
Never was he more a god in Kama's mind than in the last days of the south-bound traverse, as the failing Indian watched him, ever to the fore, pressing onward with urgency of endurance such as Kama had never seen nor dreamed could thrive in human form.
Toilets themed in Kama Sutra designs, at one of London's trendier nightspots.
Important information stored on home computers could be wiped clean by an e-mail virus called Kama Sutra that is timed to strike today.
Her first owner, a down-and-out-looking young man that my wife, Carolynne, and I met at a Moscow street market, told us that he would rather give the adorable little kitten he called Kama Sutra away for free than subject her to another train ride like the 25-hour journey that took her from the Black Sea coast to the Russian capital.
That, in fact, was probably why her mother Surya, always fond of a clever joke, had sometimes called him "Kama" -a word and a god that encompassed every aspect of love.
The Spoonful were actually signed with a new record company called Kama Sutra, and that was our next stop.
The travellers bound to that bourne embark here on steamers that go down the Volga as far as its confluence with the Kama, a tributary stream, and thence ascend the Kama, which is navigable all the way to Perm.
She's 21, called Kama, lives out in bloody woop-woop at Muriwai Beach about 45kms west of the city and it amuses me that she always dresses for the office, even on a sightseeing tour of some hills.
A spokeswoman for Mr Stanhope said yesterday the Hawker block, known as Kama, had been assessed and deemed unsuitable.
Hild Sofie Tafjord - "Kama" - Kama (Pica Disk) [feat.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.