from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, located at, or constituting an apex.
- adj. Linguistics Of, relating to, or articulated with the tip of the tongue, as (t), (d), and (s).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or connected with the apex
- adj. situated at the growing tip of the plant or its roots, in comparison with intercalary growth situated between zones of permanent tissue.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. At or belonging to an apex, tip, or summit.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to the apex or top; belonging to the pointed end of a cone-shaped body.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. situated at an apex
From Latin apex, apic-, top.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From apex. (Wiktionary)