from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Enmity or bitterness among individuals or groups of people.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Feelings of hostility or ill will.
- n. A serious feud or long-standing grudge.
- n. An inherited immoral or disturbed nature.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a feeling of ill will arousing active hostility
From Charles Lamb's Essays of Elia (1823). (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.