from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A rallying cry uttered in combat, especially while attacking.
- n. A slogan used by the proponents of a cause.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An exclamation troops yell out when going to war or battle.
- n. By extension, a strong motto or purpose statement, especially in regards to winning a goal in sports, games or work.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a slogan used to rally support for a cause
- n. a yell intended to rally a group of soldiers in battle
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.