from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An attractive woman; a babe.
- n. A short bar used by thieves to wrench doors open; a jemmy.
- n. A man who interferes with the duties of women in a household, or who occupies himself with womanish matters.
- n. A pear-shaped bottle covered with straw, in which olive oil is sometimes brought from Italy; a Florence flask.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A short bar used by thieves to wrench doors open.
- n. A name of contempt given to a man who interferes with the duties of women in a household, or who occupies himself with womanish matters.
- n. A pear-shaped bottle covered round with straw, in which olive oil is sometimes brought from Italy; -- called by chemists a Florence flask.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A man who interferes with the domestic duties of women, or engages in female occupations. Also called cot-betty.
- n. A short bar used by thieves to wrench doors open. Also called a bess, a jenny, and now a jimmy or jemmy.
- n. A pear-shaped bottle, covered with maize-leaves or the like, in which olive-oil is exported from Italy; a Florence flask.
The brown betty is slightly crisp on top and a lovely golden brown when it comes out of the oven.
A brown betty is a fruit dessert that is similar in concept to a cobbler.
Ugly betty is one of the most unfunny cliche, so called comedy shows on TV today .... but I guess that all depends on a persons 'taste.
I can't answer your question Bill, but I can say without the slightest reservation that "steve/sue/betty" is a complete blithering idiot!
That is the first time I have seen a "new design" bike with a good looking "betty" and still said, "That is one ugly bike".
i lived in 42c block with my mum, 2 brothers, and 2 sisters, i am the oldest my maiden name betty malone. did anyone go on country holidays with the blackfriars settlement. having visited this site brings back many happy memories i also remember going to jail park and chewing the leaves that tasted like vinegar. we moved to peckam in 1971
Yes you, "betty," with your height and naturally blonde hair and green eyes are especially disturbing to "shalom bais" within the community, because you are what many a Jewish man wants, but cannot get because such women are rare, looks-wise, among the daughters of Jewish women.
Consider that "betty" of the Jewsy blog, the one in the comments boasting of her shiksappeal.
Also, new release 'betty' is available for purchase in six color choices
Then I typed "betty" and of course it was right there, with links to reviews.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.