American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Voluntary limitation or control of the number of children conceived, especially by planned use of contraceptive techniques.
- n. A contraceptive technique.
- n. Voluntary control of the number of children conceived, especially by the planned use of contraception.
- n. Any technique used to prevent the birth of a child (such as abortion or preventing conception).
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. the act or process of deliberately limiting the number of one's children born, especially by preventing conception.
- n. limiting the number of children born
“I'd never had so much as a bad scare regarding accidental pregnancy, and I was involved up past my eye sockets with a man who practiced the most bombproof form of birth control known: abstinence.”
“In their view, any government policy that appears to reward or even express neutrality toward what they consider to be immoral behavior-whether providing birth control to young people, abortion services to women, welfare support for unwed mothers, or legal recognition of same-sex unions-inherently devalues the marital bond.”
“A woman ill from exhaustion and nerves who has eleven children will be educated about birth control and enrolled in our nutritional-supplements program along with her children.””
“Most of the girls in my college, however, were on their own for the first time, and I observed with amusement the dormwide bacchanal that led to more than one of them sobbing in the bathroom at three in the morning, or standing nervously in line at Health Services, where birth control pills could be had after watching a movie that would turn even the most rugged enthusiast off sex forever.”
“There are however people, non-believers and believers alike, who are opposed to abortion for birth control and support excution for captial punishment.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘birth control’.
An extract from the "Zold Tolmacs" project, a HU-EN environmental dictionary compiled by Robert Gulyas in 2000.
AA battery, aa lava, aapa mire, abandon the project, abandon the sewer..., abandoned car, abandoned dyke, abandoned farm, abandoned field, abandoned industr..., abandoned industr..., abandoned land and 5386 more...
No we didn't light it but we tried to fight it...
Please do comment if you know all the lyrics off by heart. I would love to know.
Looking for tweets for birth control.