from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of buffet.
- n. A blow or motion that buffets.
- n. random, irregular motion of the plane or of one of its parts caused by turbulences in the airflow
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A striking with the hand.
- n. A succession of blows; continued violence, as of winds or waves; afflictions; adversity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A beating; a blow; a buffet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. repeated heavy blows
Sorry, no etymologies found.